Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Raw Sting of perpetual Defeat

I have a very difficult time with College Football on the PlayStation family of game consoles. I know more than the average bear when it comes to discussing the intricacies of the game, but I just can't seem to win even with the most absurd match ups. I'm not talking about him embarrassing my Gators at home most of the time, but really lopsided games. Like Nebraska vs Jackson State lopsided. Occasionally I can put together scoring drives but it all falls apart when I snatch defeat from the vicious jaws of victory. But a breakthrough occurred when I was finally able to beat him, not with Florida, or Ohio State. Not with Texas or USC but with a rag tag group of Hey Reb's from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas. The mascots had gigantic mustaches, and wide brimmed hats, but they rose to victory that day. Disney even plans to make a movie about this story. It'll go strait to DVD but they will put it in the vault after so many years and the collectables will have to get us by. My point being the way to go is the mascots. If you suck like me.

1 comment:

Elora S. said...

Don't feel bad, Duke...Rickus used to regularly beat my ass playing NCAA back in DC. Oh, I won a few. But most of the time, it was a futile struggle on my part.

I want to say something about how he came by such manual dexterity, but I oughtta be nice for my first post on this blog.